Friday, August 5, 2011

BEDA DAY 5: Music

Did you guys know I write music? Yup. But if you didn't know, don't feel excluded. VERY few people know this fact about me, since I don't exactly share said music with people. Buy yes, I have been writing music on the guitar and ukulele for a couple months now and while it is a fun hobby, I really do hope to take this hobby a step further someday.

Now, I know on order to build a serious career off of writing music I actually have to share my music with people, so don't bother with snooty remarks on that. I know. I just need to build more confidence and work out some better songs before that happens. Until then, I will probably post some covers on youtube until then, but enough on that.

I really want to talk about a dream I have, a dream I've had for a while really. Yes, this will sound cliche, but I don't care. Like I said before, I really want to build a career off the music that I write. It would be the best thing in the world if I could make people smile and be happy because of the music that I wrote. I know I have a long long way to go before there is a chance of this happening, but I won't give up hope. The internet, specifically Youtube is a powerful place, just think of all the people who have because famous because the posted their music on Youtube. Those people give me hope. They are living, breathing proof that you can do anything you put your mind to. With the right amount of persistence and dedication, you can do anything. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't. And that's exactly what will keep me going.

Until tomorrow,
Delaney

Now Playing: Let's Be Animals by The Downtown Fiction
Book: Same as yesterday!
Subscribers: 72!

3 comments:

  1. <3 I belive you can do it, Laney. You are so fucking talented at everything you put your mind to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laney, I cannot wait to hear some of your music. I LOVED the song with Randy, and I know you'll be a successful musician! You have the right attitude towards it, and I know it will work out :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm catching up on BEDAs, so be prepared to get swamped with my comments.

    SEND ME YOUR MUSIC. I want to hear it! You're so headstrong, so I'm sure that if you put your mind to it, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete