Friday, August 26, 2011

So I kinda failed...

The title really says it all.

Between school just starting, soccer after school and marching band, I'm having a hard time finding anytime at all to blog. So sorry guys. I'm just going to try to do what I can from here on out.

So let's talk about my first day of school, which was 2 days ago but oh well.

My first day of freshman year went surprisingly well! Although I had to see the many IRL people I detest oh so very much, I did get to see my friends who I haven't seen in a while, which was fun. After I talked to people I went to my homeroom to get all my paperwork to take home and get my locker assignment. After sitting through boring old homeroom and hearing the same first day lectures and such the announced to us that there would be a new bell system used this year. Not the normal "BRRRRRIIIIIINNNGGGG!!!!" bell, but the most quiet and annoying bell ever. It sounds like the noise an airplane makes when the captain-pilot dude turns on and off the seat belt symbol. It's pretty annoying.

So after the new annoying bell introduction I headed off the my classes. 1st period was Spanish 2 and all I can say is that my teacher has WAY to high of expectations for us. I had to memorize vocab on the 1st night and already have a quiz tomorrow on that vocab. Vocab we never even LOOKED AT before yesterday. And he is kinda strange. But that's a whole other story.

Anyway, after that I went to my Math 2 class in which I found out I am one of two freshman in my class and the other girl I don't really talk to. Needless to say Math is not going to be too fun this year. Not that math is ever really fun, but that's just my opinion. I really dislike math.  At least my teacher is pretty chill, so that makes things better.

After a boring math class full of standard introduction crap, I set off of the horribly long walk to the Science Wing for Honors Physical Science. Since we can no longer walk outside to get to the other side of the building, the hallways are PACKED and are nearly impossible to walk quickly through, so I have to basically run to get to class on time. It's not too bad though, since it will be a fun class with a good teacher, even if the class will be a bit of a challenge.

Once Physical Science ended I made the long walk back to the other side of the building for Honors English (which is really like intro to lit/comp or whatever but we all just call it English.) I was a little nervous about this class since I heard some bad things about the teacher, but she turned out to be really nice (for now)! We played those "get to know each other" games and just had fun. And I found out I don't have my summer reading test till Tuesday! PRAISE THE ENGLISH GODS! (I haven't finished the book yet....OOPS!) Anyway I'm looking forward to English this year, mainly because I just love the subject so much though.

After English I have an earlier lunch than the rest of my grade because I am taking Jazz Band instead of study hall opposite my lunch. So I went to Jazz Band, sat around and talked to people and then went to lunch where I ate with fellow Jazz members.

Then it was time for the one class I was looking forward to most, DMP 1, or Digital Media Production 1. The class is basically learning all kinds of different techniques to video making and just make all sorts of fun videos. It's gonna be awesome. Even better, it has one of my favorite teachers EVER and there are only like 18 kids in the class. Needless to say, I am pretty freaking stoked for this class. Plus, the room has nine Macs to use. NINE. And they are awesome. So so awesome.

Once my class of awesome ended I went to Honors U.S. History, which I knew wouldn't be too bad since nearly all of my friends are in it. And my teacher seems really nice, although she can be kind of boring and can sometimes resemble a much less weird/creepy version of Professor Trelawney, I think a good class will make up for that.  Plus, I really enjoy history, I think it's fascinating. The way everything pieces together like one giant jigsaw puzzle, each piece holding its own tragedies, stories, and new beginnings.  It's so amazing to me.

Then last but not least was 8th period band. Oh band. Well since we had already had a week of band camp and 3 days until our 1st performance, we got right out onto the field, our director out on his microphone and we got straight to work on pregame and halftime sets. Pregame is boring, but for halftime we are playing Let's Get It Started and I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas and Glamorous by Fergie. It's pretty fun actually. The sets aren't to difficult and during Glamorous or section has choreographed a mini dance to do on the field, which should be pretty fun. Although band is lots of hard, annoying work and getting yelled at my our director, it is fun.

Well there you have it, my first day if high school in one blog post. I hope this kinda sorta made up for me missing so many days. SORRY! I still love you though if that counts for anything.

Until next time,
Delaney

Now Playing: We Are Young by 3OH!3
Book: We Are All The Same by idontknowwhoimtoolazytogolook
Subscribers: 72


No comments:

Post a Comment