Monday, August 8, 2011

BEDA DAY 8: A Place Where You Belong

I found the Nerdfighter and YouTube community a little over a year and a half ago. I'm not going to go into detail as to how that all happened (because in all honesty, it's all pretty fuzzy in my head) and I started making YouTube videos on December 17th 2010 for the Project For Awesome and since then the YouTube community has become a very big part of my life. I have created amazing friendships, gotten involved in some really fun projects, and most of all, just had FUN! 

But there is something else I really want to say about the YouTube community, primarily the Nerdfighter aspect of it. Over these 4 years, John and Hank Green have brought together a group of amazing people, giving different things to each person through the communities they have created. But one thing is shared between (nearly) everyone: A place where they belong. People from all over the world have been united simply by getting excited and overly enthusiastic about things they care so dearly about. In short, people have been united just by being NERDS! It's so wonderful to see so many people come together and just have a place to be themselves. This community is blinded by age, gender, race, sexual preference, everything! It doesn't matter who you are, everyone is accepted in this community and I think that is one of the main reasons so many people are drawn to it.  John and Hank have created a place of security, love, nerdiness and so much more and I think it's become much bigger than anyone could have ever imagined when it started years ago.

This community has changed the lives of so many people. It has saved lives, created unbreakable friendships, lead people to fall in love with each other, helped people through rough times and most of all, taught people that who you are is who you are, and there is NOTHING wrong with that.

Until Tomorrow, 
Delaney

Now Playing:  Sarah Smiles by Panic! at the Disco
Book: Same one :)
Subscribers: 72

5 comments:

  1. Awww, I love this. It perfectly describes nerdfighteria! I don't even know where I'd be without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless this post. This is the biggest gpoytle ever. Nerdfighteria has,no doubt,changed my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basically, Nerdfighteria is what makes all of us, us.

    We've had this discussion on multiple occasions, I'm sure. It's true, though. Nerdfighteria is the reason we are us.

    ReplyDelete